Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Blogger Blogs about Blogging

I just had to write this. I blog for me. I started this because I can candidly be myself, I can actually just say what I think without worrying about who I have to be at work, or with my kid, or at Temple. Don't get me wrong, I am always pretty much me. But over the years I have learned, as have we all, to keep something back, depending. My friends don't agree with me about everything and sometimes its better just to keep it to yourself. There are people I truly like, sometimes love, whose politics are so different from mine that it just isn't worth talking about. So here, I can say just what I want. How liberating is that? Its almost as good as singing. Of course I can't talk too much about health because my mom is my #1 fan and I wouldn't want her to worry. (No mom, I'm not hiding any desperate health secrets). I kind of love that I have found a written voice which is something I share with my mom who is a writer. Of course my talent is much less and quite different. I can't write a novel, I don't have the discipline and don't understand how to structure a plot. And I can't write a full length book, at least not yet, because I see and think about life in these bits. Blogging is just right (write?) because I can describe it in bits. I can tell just the bit of story that is on my mind at that moment. Anyway, the point of this is that although I do this for myself, I am really very excited. My mom has been not only the #1 fan but my only fan for a long time. Now I actually have 3 fans. I am really very excited There is something very nice about thinking other people like reading your writing. Surprised me. So to my three fans... Thanks.

No comments: