Monday, September 15, 2008

Self-Centered? Or Lazy?

So, what a ridiculous amount of time I have neglected this. And so much goes on in the world, and my life. I thought nobody was reading it (except my mom, thanks mom) and so I let other things become more important. That's the self-centered part. The lazy part is, well, I let other things become more important. What I forgot is that I write this because I like to, because it is good for me and the heck with you all. Self-centeredness is a scourge, every time things go bizarro, it is about that. If we all just spent five minutes a day thinking about the welfare of others the world would be a much better place. Of course as a mom, the flip side is that I probably spend too much time thinking about my kid and what might happen to him. Genuine compassion, empathy and altruism are not the same as insane anxiety. So, for what its worth, I am back. I will try to keep this up. Better to keep trying than not to do it at all, even if I flop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Write a column about how Sarah Palin is ruining the cause of feminists -- or something?